Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The "Daily Chalk" - OLD?

Old?



I had a very interesting conversation with two of my sons the other day.  They were listening to a tape of me "talking" with my dad back in 1979. (I was a year old.)  The date was mentioned at the beginning of the tape, "1979."   

Son #1, very surprised, asks, "you were alive back then?"  

I answer in the affirmative, "Yes I was,"  

Son #1 in shock exclaims, "Wow, you were alive way back in the old days."  

Son #2 chimes in with, "that was way back when Jesus was on earth."  

Son #1 replies, "no, that was back in Bible times."  "Wow dad, you are old!" 

Son #2 finishes up in agreement, "yeah!"  

-

6 & 8 Year-old's perspective: "I am old."  

My perspective: I am still the same person I was when I was 6 or 8.  "Old"
                           is ever changing and always beyond reach.  A form of 
                          "Kick-the-Can" I suppose.

-

:-) I guess it happens to all of us some time or another. :-)  

Consider me a member.


No comments:

Post a Comment